Sunday, December 01, 2013

Christmas Cards all Year Round

There's a new challenge at Christmas Cards all year Round for the month of December. The theme this month is Christmas Stockings. I have a few cards to share with you as Design team member of the CCAYR blog. 

First I made a card using a Deep Red Stamp stocking stamp. I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder and then colored it in with distress markers, distress ink and a water pen. I love the way it turned out with the shading and a various colors. The red patterned paper is from my LSS and therefore I don't know the manufacturer. The aqua patterned paper is by Recollections and I dry embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder and then inked the edges with Ranger distress ink and an ink blender. The Spellbinders die cut is also inked with distress ink and sprayed with Ranger's Perfect Pearls and water. The brads are by American Crafts and the sentiment sticker is by Little Yellow Bicycle. 





My second card uses a die cut cut out of my Cricut and positioned on a few Spellbinders dies. The background is embossed with a Stampin Up embossing folders and then matted onto a dark green cardstock by Making Memories. The strip of patterned paper in the middle is by Hot off the Press. The sentiment sticker is comprised of a two manufacturers; Momenta and Sticko. 


I used the same houndstooth paper in both cards. It's hard to tell since the cards are so different from one another. 


Thanks for looking.
Challenges:
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/-It's starting to look a lot like Christmas

10 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Both are great cards Cindy. I love the stocking stamp that you've used and the way you've embossed it. "Hugs"

Hazel said...

Love your cards, Cindy - you could also enter these into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see them there too. (and the card above) x

Hazel said...

I'm back again - Thanks for sharing this lovely card for The Sweet Pea Stampers 'lots of texture' challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

Lin said...

A lovely mix of textures, Cindy! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

paper fun said...

Really lovely. I love your embossing folder with all the snowflakes. It is a really nice design.

Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Pea Stampers.

Mari

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards and love the colours..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Billie A said...

Great stocking and love the embossing and coloring. Thanks for along at Aud Sentiments

alex said...

Great cards, love the stocking detail, thank you for joining us at Crafters Cafe
Alex x

Lori Turner said...

These are so cute, Cindy!! Thanks for sharing them at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Tamie said...

Wonderful cards and boy oh boy do I love how you highlighted the texture! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us for our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.