Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Red, White and Blue ATC's

I made two sets of red, white and blue ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) both of which use stamps by Tim Holtz and have the square embellishment. I punched a large square out of white cardstock and inked it with blue distress ink. I set it aside to dry. Then I punched a smaller white square and set a large red brad in the center. Once the blue square was dry, I adhered the smaller square on top of the blue square with 3M foam adhesive. 

On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the "Carte Postale" stamp in the same blue ink and then on the two outside cards I stamped the word Artist in red ink. The bottom blue swirls and the red polka dot patterns that are added to the bottom and right are two different washi tapes. I adhered the square to the bottom right and added some sequins to jazz it up a bit.


The center card has a few differences:
*I stamped birds on a wire in red at the bottom
*the red washi tape is at the bottom
*the right side is home to a piece of blue cardstock that has been dry embossed by a Darice edge embossing folder
*the red glitter on the right side is Scrappy Tape that I covered one side with red glitter


For the second set -outside two cards, I stamped Eiffel Tower in red ink (SU) and used the same swirl washi tape on the bottom. I covered the seam of the washi tape with some blue glitter tape that I cut in half because it was the same width as the washi tape and I didn't want to cover up too much of the Eiffel Tower. I finished the cards up by adding the same square and sequins as the above cards.


The center card has a few differences:
*I stamped off the red ink on the Eiffel Tower making it lighter
*there's a piece of blue cardstock behind and on both sides of the stamped image-no embossing
*the red polka dot washi tape, which is not on the other two cards, has been added to the right side 


Thanks so much for looking.

No comments: