Saturday, July 09, 2016

Happy Day Layout

I do love this layout with its bright colors and simple design. The yellow background paper is by Die Cuts with a View. There is a super hero in the right lower corner that I covered up with the blue and red cardstock. 

I die cut everything else with my Cricut. The balloons are from George and Basic Shapes and the chevron stencil is by Heidi Swapp. I applied a rainbow of distress ink with an ink blending tool on top of the white layer. I adhered the two layers together and tied a bow of baker's twine around the bottom. I used some 3M foam adhesive under the balloons with the string of baker's twine tucked underneath it. The bottom of the twine is taped to the back of the red cardstock. The curl in the string just happened. Nothing fancy or any special adhesive to curl it. 

The Happy Day cut is from the cartridge The First Few years which was a freebie in Cricut Craft Room. I would really like to get that cartridge. It's on my wish list. The 1st die cut is an oval by Small Talk and Frames and I welded the 1st from the font cartridge Doodletype inside of it. The word birthday is a stamp by Lawn Fawn with black ink by Hero Arts.




Thanks for looking.