Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Be U and Only U! ATC's

The ATC theme for these cards was unicorns. Oddly enough some Cricut cartridges I have brought me a couple of options. I cut it out with pink cardstock for the shade and the polka dot paper for the top. 

The background cardstock is by Paper Reflections and I've dry embossed it with a Stampin Up folder. I inked the raised portion with distress ink and outlined each leaf with a white Sharpie. The pink patterned paper is by Stampin Up and the white jean paper is by Recollections. I did stamp the bottom with a Deep Red Stamps border stamp called Vintage Lace borders. It's the middle border on the package and it's only the side with the lines.

I did ripe the edges of the patterned paper on these cards so they didn't look so sweet and innocent. And this is why:

"I tend to obsess over what everyone else is doing to create their ATC's instead of doing my own thing and being proud of what I made. I made these as a reminder to be the unicorn. To Do what I feel like doing. To not worry that I didn't do enough techniques on the card to make it worthy of trading. There is nothing wrong with being unique and not following the trend. 

Lately I've been putting on my "I don't give a s__t shoes". They make me feel like more like myself and teach me not to obsess about what will people think of my hair, my outfit or how fat my body looks. Everyone is looking at their phone and not looking at me anyway. So if I walk by a mirror and my hair is doing its own thing, I just say "I don't give a s__t". 
That was my inspiration for making these unicorn themed cards."


I used the Quickutz tool and old alphabet dies for the bold black words and a couple have a Creative Imaginations sticker (be). The other stuff I wrote with a black marker. I did ink the edges with black distress ink and gave two unicorns a black dot for the eye and the other two with the white Sharpie.



.

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful lesson, I said something about people looking at me the other day to my SiL, she told me, people have other things to look at, not me!!!! I think this is a better way of doing it LOL. Wonderful ATC's and GO Girl, be You!
Faith
x